Creating iconic, sustainable and culturally specific façades that will define the future landscape of the Middle East
As the Middle East continues to strive towards iconic and efficient façades, new projects, innovative techniques and quality materials are stimulating industry discussions on how the region can advance to the next phase in design and delivery.
Now in its 6th year, the Façade Design and Engineering Middle East summit remains at the heart of the industry, committed to showcasing innovations in the Façade industry.
Come and join advanced discussions on the future direction of façade design with the global architectural and engineering community on 23 - 25 February 2014 at the Oryx Rotana Hotel, Doha, Qatar.
In 2013, over 120 architects, designers, façade engineers and developers gathered to discuss the challenge of creating culturally specific and sustainable façades using state-of-the-art technology.
So what can you expect in 2014?
- Exclusive ‘never before presented’ iconic façade projects from across the Middle East
- Inspiring award-winning international case studies from Europe, Asia and beyond
- Hard Talk-style interview between prominent industry leaders debating the Middle East’s ‘cultural identity crisis’
- Dedicated focus day on Façade Lighting of the Future for in-depth expert-led insight on creating impactful yet sustainable façades
- New technology demonstration sessions to educate yourself on the latest advances and evaluate their benefits
- VIP networking drinks to break the ice with your fellow delegates before the event begins
Key topics to be discussed at the 2014 event:
- Establishing how to incorporate intelligent façades to improve sustainability and comfort while lowering costs
- Determining the latest evolutions in glass technology to support the façades of the future
- Exploring how to translate the values of the past into the modern façades of today's cities
- Understanding the implications of GSAS and Estidama rating systems on building façades
- Discussing facade lighting designs and media facades to modernise and iconise buildings
What past attendees said about the summit:
“A very interesting event for people who want to keep up to date with façade technologies” Senior Façade Designer, Arup
“Great opportunity to market to the top of the Façade industries food chain” Vice President Sales and Marketing, Trelleborg
“It was a truly excellent conference. The quality of the speakers were excellent and it was a pleasure to be a part of the line up.” Director of Sustainability, Hilson Moran
“Façade Design and Engineering 2010 was an informative experience. It encompassed knowledgeable presentations from a variety of indurty players” Architect, Burt Hill
“Façade Engineering is a relatively young field and less documented or regulated than other engineering fields. It is great to have a specific conference that helps knowledge sharing in this field” Assistant Director, Ramboll
“The only way to gain indepth knowledge of façade technology” Director of Design, Gensler
“This conference has managed to bring together an excellent set of speakers on topics that are relevant to the needs of both consultants and decission makers” Director, Windtech Consultants
“Façade Design and Engineering 2010 was a consolidation of façade industry experts – an event worth attending” Façade Engineer, Hyder Consulting
“I enjoyed very much attending your conference. It was beyond my expectations.”Sr. Representative, Qatar University