7th Annual Façade Design and Engineering Middle East
Creating an architectural legacy through Middle Eastern façade innovations
THE facades event of the year is back and bigger than ever!
2014’s event brought together over 200 leading architects, engineers and suppliers to discuss the challenges of creating iconic, sustainable and culturally relevant facades.
Projects showcased included the low-tech yet high-impact award-winning façade of the Crit Building in Kent and the new Singapore National Stadium, which provided interesting lessons for the upcoming 2022 stadiums.
2015 is sure to be another great year for façades in the Middle East and internationally. With a number of projects nearing construction completion in 2015, from Qatar National Library to Qatar National Museum, and a wave of projects set to begin construction in 2015, including Al Wakrah Stadium and Al Bayt Stadium, the 7th Annual Façade Design & Engineering Middle East Summit will bring together the pioneers in façade design and construction to discuss key challenges faced in existing and upcoming projects whilst providing exclusive insight into how they are achieving truly iconic façades.
Key topics to be discussed:
- Ensuring your façade is built to last: Tackling regulation updates, climate conditions, and optimised façade technology
- Top Trends: Analysing new trends in material choices and the corresponding practical design and construction applications
- Identity Crisis: Debating the evolving face of Qatar in order to balance the traditional with the global
- The Next Generation of Façade Innovation: What is the next step to be taken in Middle Eastern façades?
Key topics to be discussed at the 2015 event:
- Establishing how to incorporate intelligent façades to improve sustainability and comfort while lowering costs
- Determining the latest evolutions in glass technology to support the façades of the future
- Exploring how to translate the values of the past into the modern façades of today's cities
- Understanding the implications of GSAS and Estidama rating systems on building façades
- Discussing façade lighting designs and media façades to modernise and iconise buildings
What’s new for the 2015 Summit?
- ‘Never before presented’ façade projects from across the Middle East
- Award-winning international case studies from Europe, Asia and beyond
- Hard topic debate between prominent industry leaders
- Increased networking opportunities with round table discussions and speed networking sessions
- Dedicated focus day on Façade Lighting Innovations and a not-to-be-missed Iconic Façade Site Tour
- Celebrate a year of façade achievements during the Façade Design & Engineering Awards ceremony on 24 February
And much more…
What did 2014 attendees say?
“One of the best quality conferences in the industry – informative presentations and well-attended” Regional Director, Hilson Moran
“A really positive experience, very well organised, interesting and varied speakers and I certainly learnt a lot” Owner, Guy Hollaway Architects
“Case studies were interesting with innovative ideas” Chief Design Manager, Eversendai Engineering
“It was a great experience that will bring more improvement for our design and vision – thanks!” Business Manager, Alshaheen Consulting Engineering
“Well organised and very informative. Glad to meet designers and technical experts from many different companies” Senior Architect, Cico Consulting Engineers